The winter is almost over and the sky on March 12th is giving an opportunity to observe the glory of night sky. The sky is getting clearer and the stars are shining brighter than before. Its time to unpack your telescopes and cameras and head to a good dark site this time Amateur Astronomers Association chose the famous Dumdama lake on the road to hotel Saras besides the lake . This day provides a great opportunity to witness the starry skies and therefore an observation has been scheduled on Saturday, March 12th at Dumdama.
Date of observation: March 12th, 2011
Observation Time: 1900hrs onwards
Venue: Damdama lake, Sohna, Haryana, near hotel Saras.
Click Here for directions to Venue
Please feel free to join us at Dumdama there is no fees
Essential things to carry during an observation
1.Carry your dinner and snacks (bring some extra so you can share with others)(There is no food available around so u must bring your food)
2. One must carry warm clothing as it will get cold near the lake. Temperatures can go to 10°C
3. Carry chocolates: they are very helpful as they keep you awake and give you energy
4. VERY IMPORTANT!! always carry a torch covered with red cellophane sheet, any light source(torches etc) without a cellophane sheet is strictly prohibited .
5. Carry your equipment with you(even if you don’t have telescope you please join us anyways, there will be a couple of telescopes around you)
6. cover you camera flash with black tape so no light comes out and always keep the flash on off mode
7. We are not providing any transport so you will have to come on your own
8. If you bring a camera bring a tripod with it to shoot
If you wish to join us please feel free to do so, if possible let us know that you will be joining, so we have a tentative idea about participants, write to us at below mentioned contact
AAAD is not responsible if the observation is canceled because of cloudy conditions though we will try and put information on this website if observation is canceled so check the website or preferably by calling the above mentioned phone number before leaving for Damdama